Just a note: this recipe is for my personal reference as I try to perfect my homemade pizza. This one is inspired by a search for Sbarro copycat recipes. Yeah, I love Sbarro. Sborry!
- Mix 200 grams of Bread Flour with 6 grams of salt.
- Mix 125 grams of Water with 2.6 grams of dry instant yeast.
- Combine and knead until soft.
- Cover and keep at room temp (Hawaii).
- Every 20 minutes or so, stretch and pull the dough to check for readiness.
- When the dough no longer “breaks” when stretched, you’re good to go.
- 1 8-oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 4 oz. water
- 1/2 oz. grated cheese
- 2 oz. Olive Oil
- 1 oz. diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and cook for a bit. Cool before use on pizza.
When dough and sauce are done:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll or stretch dough out to desired size on a floured pan.
- Top with sauce, then cheese and other toppings.
- Bake until done!