WHAT GOES IN THE BUCKET?
- Fruits and Veggies! Peels, rinds, skins, cores (cut down to small size) etc.
- Old rice, spent coffee/tea
- Old bread, crusts (I’ll throw away anything that’s moldy though, we don’t want competition for the EM-1)
- Egg shells, eggs
- Meat scraps, fish, bone pieces (small pieces)
- Cheese rinds
- BASICALLY ALL FOOD WASTE except what’s listed below.
What does NOT go in the bucket?
- LIQUIDS including fry oil
- MOLDY or already rotting food (competition for the EM-1)
- LARGE bones (these would take a MUCH longer process to break down completely)
USES FOR BOKASHI TEA
- Dilute the tea, 1:100, and use as garden fertilizer
- Compost accelerator
- Pour into drains to clean them out naturally!
1 thought on “WHAT CAN I PUT IN THE BOKASHI BUCKET? + WHAT CAN I DO WITH BOKASHI TEA?”
[…] Here’s a quick reference: WHAT CAN I PUT IN THE BOKASHI BUCKET? + WHAT CAN I DO WITH BOKASHI TEA? […]