Recipe from “the Mother Goose Cookie-Candy Book”
by: Anne Rockwell
We give these cookies to the neighbors every year around Christmas time.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cream together 1 cup softened butter and 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
Add 1 cup Brown sugar and combine until light and fluffy.
Add 2 eggs and beat with a wooden spoon.
Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Mix together: 2.5 cups of AP flour, 0.5 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda.
Stir the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture.
Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup of chopped pecan meats.
Spoon the cookie batter onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from pans and move to racks to cool.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Just a note: this recipe is for my personal reference as I try to perfect my homemade pizza. This one is inspired by a search for Sbarro copycat recipes. Yeah, I love Sbarro. Sborry!
- Mix 200 grams of Bread Flour with 6 grams of salt.
- Mix 125 grams of Water with 2.6 grams of dry instant yeast.
- Combine and knead until soft.
- Cover and keep at room temp (Hawaii).
- Every 20 minutes or so, stretch and pull the dough to check for readiness.
- When the dough no longer “breaks” when stretched, you’re good to go.
- 1 8-oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 4 oz. water
- 1/2 oz. grated cheese
- 2 oz. Olive Oil
- 1 oz. diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and cook for a bit. Cool before use on pizza.
When dough and sauce are done:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll or stretch dough out to desired size on a floured pan.
- Top with sauce, then cheese and other toppings.
- Bake until done!
1/2 CUP BUTTER
1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
1/2 CUP WHITE SUGAR
1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 + 1/4 CUP FLOUR
1/2 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
1/4 teaspoon SALT
3/4 teaspoon BAKING SODA
1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS
375 DEGREES FOR 10 MINUTES UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN